Jul 20, 2016

chemo day two



I woke up at 3.45am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, weirdly my sister and my best friend woke up at the exact same time as that as well!

I had a bit of a hot flush this morning, sweating out some of the chemo but that has been the only side effect so far.
I have felt great all day, making sure to drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit and veggies as well as lots of smoothies too.

I had to go to the hospital to get an injection in my stomach, the injection is to stimulate your white blood cells. My sister took me in and waited with me, then we went and we both got our hair cut short. I thought it would make the transition to bald a bit easier. Everyone I've heard from says that makes it easier, that losing clumps of long hair is quite confronting, so I decided to go in for the chop and I actually really like it!!

My sister got her hair cut shorter too, into a long bob and she is donating the hair to a children's charity, so they can make it into a wig, which is awesome!! Mine was too short to donate and had a bit of blonde hair dye in it from a while ago so unfortunately I couldn't donate mine.

The kids and I had a hit of a chat today about my hair, they both liked it short and I told them it would fall out in a few weeks, I told them they could help me shave it, which they thought sounded fun. So at least they know what will happen and it will give them a bit of time to adjust. I told them about the wigs and they could help me choose which ones they liked best. I think getting them involved will help make it easier for them and for me.

Very happy and very grateful that I've felt so good all day!! Hopping it stays this way :)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig