Jan 14, 2016

Last Months Book Reviews








I have read quite a few books this month and they have all been really good. So as usual I'll be reviewing them for you guys. I love reading book review posts and I generally only read a book if it's been reviewed or recommended by someone I trust the opinion of so hopefully this will be of interest to you! I'm also always looking for new books, so please leave a comment if you know of any good ones.



After You by Jojo Moyes

This is the sequel to the brilliant and hugely popular novel 'Me Before You' about a girl who falls in love with the man she is caring for. I don't want to give too much away for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of reading it yet but..

The second book is all about her life 'after' him as the title suggests. I was dubious of this book because the first one was SO good, I didn't know how the author was going to do it.

I think she did a great job. The story was gripping the whole way through and I still felt the nostalgia and emotion from the first book. I love how the main character (Louisa) FINALLY came out of her shell a bit and did a lot more for herself.

Sorry, I really can't say too much about this without spoiling the first books ending. So I'll leave it with this. READ the first book (it's amazing) and this one too, it is also very very good.

These are the only books I've ever read by Jojo and I have to say I really enjoy her style of writing.

The Girls by Lisa Jewell

Lisa Jewell is an author I have enjoyed for years. I've read every book she has written and they always have a great story-line, they're very easy to read but they are often centred around characters that I usually learn something from.

This story is about a family who have recently moved to a communal garden square in London due to horrible circumstances. The two teenage daughters and their mother try to settle into their lives in the community amongst the other characters living in the communal garden. The book starts with a really disturbing scene. The whole way through the book you're guessing what happened and suspicious of every character until you finally get to the bottom of it. I read this book in two days and although the ending wasn't amazing I thoroughly enjoyed the book all the way through.


Money and Mindfulness by Lisa Messenger

This book is amazing. I am obsessed with Lisa Messenger at the moment and her positive, creative energy that has grown her successful businesses. This book is titled Money and Mindfulness which appealed to me the most out of her 3 books. This one shows how she made herself financially successful, she gives great business advice and also personal advice. A lot of great things business wise have happened to me since reading this book and I'd definitely say Lisa's words made an impact on me and made me look at my situation and make positive changes.

I love her and what she stands for. She's not some boring tech CEO telling you how to make money. Shes a down to earth, creative woman who made it big with hard work and a vision, she shows you how the perception and mindset about money can work in your favour. It's all about enjoying yourself, enjoying your money and making changes to get there.


Share:

3 comments

  1. Ooo the book sounds great thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need to add these to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig