Jan 28, 2016

How to make healthy granola


I find it difficult eating breakfast in the morning, but if I don't, I usually end up having a bar of chocolate or something naughty at about 9am and then it's a downward spiral after that.
I came across the idea for healthy homemade granola and thought I would give it a go. I can have it as a cereal and add milk or I can sprinkle over some natural yoghurt with honey.

There are lots of different recipes around but I just kind of used what was in my cupboards to make this one.

Heat 1/4 cup of coconut oil with 1/2 cup of (sugar free) maple syrup
Pour into a bowl and add:

         2 cups rolled oats
         1/2 cup slivered almonds
         1/2 cup pepitas
         1/2  cup shredded coconut or coconut chips
       
Pour mixture into a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees

Alternative mixture ideas are adding dried fruit ie. apricots, figs, cranberries

If you do decide to add dried fruit, add it to the baking tray later, only baking for the last 5 minutes, so it doesn't go too hard and chewy.



Share:

2 comments

  1. Looks yum!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig