Nov 20, 2015

ZARA - The Queen Street opening and what I bought

Growing up in the UK I found it really hard to buy clothes that I loved. I was smaller than a size 6 and nothing ever fit me. Places like Topshop and Miss Selfridge were the only places I used to shop and as a teenager I couldn't always afford that much or what I wanted. But, like most Brits, every year my family and I would go on holiday to Spain. I would be beside myself with excitement for weeks, not just for the beaches and the Sunshine but for me, it was the clothes.

Spanish shops like Mango, Bershka and best of all ZARA not only fit me but I could afford what I wanted, the styles would be so fresh  and I'd walk out of the store with bag fulls of clothes, I'd feel happy, pretty and confident in my gorgeous new clothing and it would make me fall in love with fashion. The power it could have and the way it could make you feel when you found something that fit like a glove and reflected your personal style.

I have had the same problem living in Australia as I did in England. I seem to be a size smaller than most stores offer, although it's certainly a lot better than it was 10 years ago! But I still don't feel like there's one store I can totally rely on, I don't really have a 'go-to' store that reflects my style, taste, body shape or size. Sometimes I get lucky in certain stores but that's only usually if I pay a lot more than I can actually afford. Even then, I rarely Love it.

Yesterday, the new Queen Street store in Brisbane opened and it certainly didn't disappoint. It was even better than I remembered. Within minutes I was that 18 year old girl running around the store with armfuls of garments because I just liked everything. I couldn't pick stuff up quick enough and I didn't need to try anything on because I know their sizing and trust their quality, their pricing and honestly I can't tell you how good it feels to have the option of Zara clothing now.

But anyway, here's what I bought: Bear in mind I couldn't do a proper shop because I was actually at work and had to dash in before work (And I did go back on my lunch break!)
I can't wait to head back with more time under my belt.


Black and White Skirt $19.95
Statement Necklace $25.95
Denim Shorts $49.95
White long vest top $19.95
Zara Fruity Perfume $12.95
Zara Femme Perfume $19.95


The perfume is so so good. The fruity one makes me fall all nostalgic, it makes me think of Spain and all those happy memories there. It's amazing how a scent can do that! I also piced up a big bottle of Zara Femme because that was such a delicious vanilla based scent I couldn't not get it.

They really are such a good price for the size too.












Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig