Dec 24, 2014

Book Reviews - 'The woman who stole my life by Marian Keyes And 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn

I have just read two really good books, so I thought I would share with you. I only really base what my next book is going to be on another person's reccommendation or if my favourite author has a new book.
So hopefully this will be helpful to some of you. I am pretty bad at doing a proper review, I'm sure theres like actual rules on how to write one. So it's just a book opinion I guess.

'The woman who stole my life' by Marian Keyes.

So Marian Keyes is my favourite author. She's the woman who inspired me to write my own books and I literally love her. I can only dream of her success and talent too.
Last month I was sitting at the airport opposite a book shop waiting for our flight back to Brisbane. I noticed the poster advertising this book and I honestly gasped because I had no idea she had a new book out. So naturally I abandoned the other book I was reading and downloaded this one on my kindle that second.

The book is about a woman in her forties, a divorced Mum with a New man and a roller coaster ride of a few years.
From the first pages, I was hooked because I just love her style of writing. It's like talking to a friend.
During the book Stella (the main character) suffers a horrible illness that leaves her paralyzed and unable to move any part of her body except her eyelids. She can't even talk. The only person that can communicate with her is her Doctor, she's in there for month's and they form this strong bond which eventually leads to a lot more. It triggers all these amazing events and changes the course of her life. I don't want to say much more and tell you the whole plot line. All I will say is that is great to have a new book from her. It's not my favourite of hers but is a feel good book and definitely worth a read. She can make you laugh and cry and feel all the feels!!
Overall I would give it 7 out of 10.


'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn

Okay so I know everyone was going on about this. I'm sure you know what it's all about but I just wanted to put my two cents in.
I loved it. So. Much.
When the wife goes missing and you feel all sorry for her, the way you are misled and tricked the whole time, just like her Husband Nick. It is genius, I was gripped the whole way through. It's an amazing storyline with one of the biggest twists I have ever read. It's so exciting when you start working it all out and you're like OHMYGOD and then you feel all protective and angry and you want more than anything for everyone to find out and they just don't. It's scary. It's definitely definitely worth reading.

The ending. I can't tell you if you haven't read it but I was outraged. I threw the book at the wall. I wish it hadn't ended like that!! I still can't believe it. I just hope it means she is writing a sequel

I'm gonna go bold and say it was a 10/10 the fact it ended the wat it did and the feeling of outrage just makes it even more brilliant. The whole story and the ending is so unpredictable which is also what I love. It's very rare to find a book/movie where you have no idea what's going to happen.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig