Jun 8, 2014

No Gluten and Flat Stomach Challenge

Ever since I can remember I have had a pot belly. Even when I was super skinny and when I was thirteen. Even when I went to the gym two or three times a week religiously. Now after two pregnancies and C-Sections and a pretty bad diet (even though I hate to admit that). I always find myself giving the kids the absolute best of everything and then snacking on family size bars of chocolate when they are not looking or in bed.
But I'm sick of it and really, really want to do something about it. The skin has no stretchmarks but it's not exactly pretty after carrying two very large babies!!

So this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to cut out gluten completely, I've been doing it slowly over the last two weeks and have noticed a huge difference already. Now I'm going to combine it with lots of exercise everh day and I'm going to make myself record it every day so that I actually do it and don't just get bored after two days and quit because let's face it, that's what usually happens.

Also the reasons I am cutting out gluten is that
It doesn't have any Nutritional value
I eat way too much gluten based foods, pasta, cake, bread and I am generally always bloated.
I am currently reading the ' Gut and Psychology Syndrome' book which a friend of mine sent me. I am dyspraxic and the book tells you of the links between that (and among things) with dyspraxia and also all kinds of things like ADD, ADHD and Autism. It makes a lot of sense to me and I am wanting to cut it out of my diet for those reasons too.

So today -  I guess I'll call it Day One

Exercise I have done:

60 squats
50 situps
I have also been painting furniture and painted two coats on my bathroom walls with a paintbrush so I'm going to add that in as exercise as it was bloody hard work!!

Food I have eaten:

4 slices of sunflower and red quinoa gluten free bread
Fruit salad (which had melon, grapes and apple in)
2 cups of tea
0.5 litres of water (rubbish I know)
6 squares of Lindt chocolate
A chocolate milkshake
Roast vegetables (pumpkin, potatoes and carrot) with roast chicken

Okay so maybe tomorrow I can cut out a bit more sugar and double the amount of exercise.
In my defense I have a really bad cold and the painting was hard work!

I am so determined though. Especially as I don't have any bathers that fit me or look nice and living in Australia you pretty much live in them whether it's by the pool or the beach.
I would love to sit out in the hot weather in a comfortable bikini or one piece and feel confident. I guess it takes a lot of hard work, it's not going to happen overnight and you have to live a healthy lifestyle to maintain it. All of which I need to work on and I am definitely going to do it.

I really don't want to lose any weight, I just want to look and most importantly feel healthy and I guess the confidence and more energy will come with that.









Sorry for the bad quality pics I had to take them on my tablet!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig