May 26, 2014

Byron Bay

I had been wanting to go to Byron Bay for absolutely ages but stuff just kept getting in the way. I finally managed to go a few weeks ago when my sister came for a surprise visit to Brisbane.

I knew it love it, everyone kept telling me I would because it's a very arty place with little shops, galleries and gorgeous beaches.
I definitely did love it and it's a shame we only had time for a day trip.

It took around 2.5 hours to drive there from Brisbane and my sister is pregnant (about 28 weeks when we went) so she was quite big and uncomfortable on the car ride. My car is pretty small too. We took my kids (age 3 and 4) and although I tried to plan it as best I could...with healthy snacks etc. They didn't love the travelling.
By the time we got there they were desperate to run around so we took them to the park and then plonked ourselves on the beach for a couple of hours.

It was nice spending some family time together.

We wanted to do some maternity photos of Lauren but the beach was busier than we thought and she was too embarrassed to start posing in her bathers and a belly bump!

The kids had a ball and luckily I had brought their buckets and spades. But it definitely wasn't the day to start looking around shops and galleries with the kids and a tired pregnant woman so hopefully next time I can do that or even stay the night!







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig