Dec 6, 2013

Meal Idea for Kids - Getting them to eat Vegetables easily

I am always struggling for good ideas and stuff to feed the kids. Sometimes the thought of cooking overwhelms me entirely but I have two little ones that need feeding even when I can't be bothered.
I found this easy recipe in a book at my Mums house called

'Bill Granger - Bill Cooks for Kids' it had loads of easy recipes in it that I felt even I could manage.

I tried this one the other day and both kids really enjoyed it.



No-Stir Tomato Risotto






Ingredients
1 tbsp Olive Oil
25g (1oz) butter
1 onion finely chopped
250g (9oz) Arborio Rice
500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
1 tsp sugar
250 ml tomato passata
2 tbsps shredded basil leaves


I heated a large saucepan with the oil, butter and onion over medium heat.
Cooked onion until translucent then added the rice and stirred for a few minutes until the grains glistened.

Increased heat to high and added stock, tomato passata and 1 and a half cups of boiling water.

Reduced heat to low then covered and cooked for about 20 mins. Stirred in a bit of sugar, basil and added some cooked and sliced green beans.


It was really easy which for me is the most important factor along with being substantial and healthy.



Please let me know if you have any easy kid friendly recipes too :)


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig