Mar 17, 2013

back to nature!

Sometimes it's good to get 'back to nature'and remind your kids of the real world outside Peppa Pig and Kids apps.
Yesterday I took my 3 year old son for a walk, we spotted lots of beautiful flowers and I took him to my Mums work where there are lots of fruit trees, Oranges, lemons, clementines and figs. We were allowed to pick a few and he had great fun doing this, picking oranges and then taking them home. Now he knows exactly where they come from. He was running around and looked amazed every time we spotted a different tree with a different fruit.

I'm going to make a conscious effort to do something like this with both kids everyday. I don't want them to be couch potatoes and I want them to value nature, because so many kids don't these days. We're too pre-occupied with buying them the latest toys and downloading the best apps. I think that's all fine and don't mind letting my kids watch TV (Peppa pig is the only time I can get things done around the house!) As long as there's a big balance, lots of play and fresh air and running.








Share:

3 comments

  1. That´s a very good idea! If you are interested, I read on this website about a Victorian Era retreat and it´s very relaxing as well! :)
    http://www.erasofelegance.com/living/retreat.html
    xoxo
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you both had a great time,the photos are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks lovely! You had sunshine too, I'm so jealous!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig