Jan 28, 2013

My new mini studio

Last week my husband came home from work and told me to go outside for half an hour with the kids as he had a 'surprise' for me. He came and got us and showed me the empty spare room, except he'd filled it with a giant easel, white leather chair and a five foot canvas!
I had been dying for my own space to paint again but we have been working on buyig furniture for the rest of the house. I was so happy he had done this for me and got to work straight away!

He told me he wanted me to paint the city of Perth (The view from Kings Park) as it was somewhere we had both been together and both liked.

Its my biggest canvas ever I think so was extremely excited. I started with the sky (Sunrise style) and then sketched in the roads, buildings and did about three levels of colour.  I worked off of a series of photographs as we are in Queenslabd and I couldb't go and paint it in Kings Park in person! I am quite a 'messy' painter and use colours to make out the details instead of doing lots of fine lines.

Hope you like it, the hubby does and I still have a few finishing touches to make to the canvas and the studio...stay tubed for an artwork tour of the house!!

Share:

5 comments

  1. omgosh that painting is INCREDIBLE! omgosh i'm actually so shocked at it's amazingness haha

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - i am totally in love with your blog! it is gorgeous! keep on the good work - i follow now! <3
    i'd be very glad if u could visit my blog too :)

    My Blog + MARC JACOBS GIVEAWAY


    FACEBOOK - MARC JACOBS GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's incredible!

    Thanks for the blog comment.

    Want to follow for follow?

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! We are the "three line" and we are your new followers.
    Great painting!!!!!

    Congratulations for the blog is really cute!
    Also we have one, if you want come and visit us!
    Please check also my facebook page and like it if u can!

    A lots of Love ♥

    Online Fashion Gastro Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is soooo lovely! Lucky girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete

© HAYLEY SARAH | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig